FMX 2018

For several years I have heard of how cool FMX is, from my friends at Pixar, and how pretty Stuttgart is. That made me want to go check it out and meet the artists, engineers, technologists and scientists that build its community.


This year, finally, I was going to present Flow, our Pixar shading tool, at the Lighting and Rendering session, dedicated to Materials, and chaired by my friend Christophe Hery.

Well, that's not going to happen now that I live in France. So I will go to FMX, and present the Substance suite, instead. "Materials and Substance" will take place on Wednesday at 2pm, at the Lighting and Rendering session, dedicated to Materials, and chaired by my friend Christophe Hery. 

I guess it was meant to be.

My talk will be part of a longer course, hosting some great talks from NVidia, ILM, Isotropix, Pixar as well. I'll focus on the composition of materials in a physically based renderer, as well as the challenges and goals of layering, baking and proceduralism. I'll try to capture, from a film-maker perspective, how the Substance suite fits in the middle of all this.

Come see us, or at least come say hi at the Allegorithmic booth. I'll be around all week!

Comments

Popular Posts