Congratulations to the Up crew!

The Oscar night was fun! I was glad to see UP win the Best Animated Feature Award. It is so rewarding to see the hard work and incredible talent of all my friends and colleagues be recognized yet again. Congratulations as well for the Best original score. I really love and am moved by the soundtrack, written by Michael Giacchino.



I would like to take a minute to congratulate Mauro Fiore, for his Best Cinematography Award with Avatar, and thank him for representing with pride us immigrated Italian artists in the world. All the talented artists and technical directors at Weta in New Zealand did an amazing job with the movie, and greatly deserved the Best Visual Effects Award too.

I was a bit sad to see neither shorts "French Roast" or "Lady and the Reaper"  - the first Oscar nominated animated work from Spain - or the new Wallace and Gromit be rewarded for their fantastic job.

Finally, I think "Il Divo", my favourite Italian picture in the last few years, should have been in the short list for Best Foreign Movie Award, rather than for the Best Makeup Award, where it found itself unrealistically competing with sci-fi flicks like Star Trek.

What did you think?

Comments

Popular Posts