Guardians of Ga'Hoole and Knowing

Director Zack Snyder, responsible of titles such as "Dawn of the dead", "300" and "Watchmen" has started a new project: it is an animation feature called "Guardians of Ga'Hoole", based on the first book of a series for children written by Kathryn Lasky.


Soren, a young barn owl, is kidnapped by owls of St. Aggie's, ostensibly an orphanage, where owlets are brainwashed into becoming soldiers. He and his new friends escape to the island of Ga'Hoole, to assist its noble, wise owls who fight the army being created by the wicked rulers of St. Aggie's.


Since the whole project is being produced by Animal Logic, I had a chance to put my hands on some of it. The early work already looks very impressive, and I am looking forward to see how this movie will turn out by the time is released. Due to the limited amount of work I put into it, I doubt I will have a credit on the end titles for that, but look out for the shaders of the iridescent snake!
Also, my last work in Animal Logic, before leaving the country again, was on a sci-fi movie starring Nicholas Cage, called "Knowing", directed by Alex Proyas, that will be released in theaters on the 30th March 2009.


I ripped a synopsis from IMDB: A teacher (Cage) opens a time capsule that has been dug up at his son's elementary school; in it are some chilling predictions -- some that have already occurred and others that are about to -- that lead him to believe his family plays a role in the events that are about to unfold.

Comments

Popular Posts