Brave


Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse.

After so much inspiring work, we are starting to see the end approach. Brave is coming out this Summer, and it seems like the end of an era. People are starting to wrap, and the new projects are ramping up and taking on a lot of technical directors and artists.
 

I am one of the few here at Pixar, it feels like, who have never worked on this project directly. After Toy Story 3, I moved on almost directly onto La Luna and then Monsters University. Now I am working in the Tools department, where the software the artists use day by day is made. 

Hence, I have carefully avoided spoiling the story by seeing the reels in a long time. I want to see the movie in all its splendor, with untainted eyes. I can hardly wait.

Comments

Inbal said…
Hello Ms. Pesare,
I love your blog, now I’m very curious about the movie “Brave” it looks awesome.
I read your on-line resume, and your credentials are very impressive, I can see why you work for Pixar.
I’m currently a student at Temple University in Philadelphia, but am originally from Israel. I’m writing a research paper about Pixar and I was trying to talk to someone that works for Pixar.
I have some questions about your work in Pixar, if you don’t mind; I’ll really appreciate it if you’ll find the time to answer some of them.
You are working with the most amazing (and secret) software out there, did you have a hard time getting approved to work on this software?
Do you consider Pixar to be a diverse environment to work in?
Did you find it hard to get a job with Pixar?
How do you feel about creativity in Pixar, is it really the main value that leads the company to it success?
You are a shadow writer; do you feel that everyone has a voice when pitching a story?
Thank you for your time, and congratulation on all your success,
Inbal Madar

Popular Posts